Essential oils have become increasingly popular due to their numerous benefits for our wellbeing, including stress relief, mood enhancement, and relaxation. With their rising demand, it's important to know how to store these precious oils properly to preserve their therapeutic properties. In this article, we will explore the best types of bottles for essential oils and the various factors to consider when choosing the right container for your aromatherapy needs.
Bottles For Essential Oils Table of Contents
Understanding the Importance of Proper Storage
When it comes to storing essential oils, it's crucial to protect them from factors like light, heat, and air exposure that can degrade their quality and impact their therapeutic benefits. The right bottle will not only help you keep your oils organized, but also ensure that their potency remains intact for a longer time.
Glass vs. Plastic Containers
One of the primary considerations when choosing a bottle for your essential oils is the material it's made of. There are two main options: glass and plastic.
- High-quality and durable
- Impermeable and chemically inert, making it ideal for preserving the potency of essential oils
- Available in various colors, including amber, blue, and green
- Easily reusable – just wash with hot, soapy water
- Lightweight and less expensive option
- More prone to degradation due to the volatile nature of essential oils
- Less effective at preserving oil potency over time
- Consider using only high-quality plastic materials, such as PET or HDPE, designed to withstand the strong properties of essential oils
Considerations for Choosing Essential Oil Bottles
Once you've decided on the material, there are some essential factors to keep in mind when selecting the right bottle for your needs:
Consider the volume of oil you plan to store and choose a bottle size accordingly. Smaller bottles (5ml to 30ml) are ideal for personal use or travel, while larger bottles (50ml to 100ml) are better for bulk storage or blending purposes.
Create Your Own Essential Oil
Color is Key
Amber, blue, and green glass bottles provide good protection from harmful ultraviolet (UV) light that can speed up the degradation process of essential oils. Choose darker colored bottles for oils that are more sensitive to light, such as citrus-based oils.
Depending on how you plan to use the essential oils, you might want to consider various dispensing options, such as:
- Dropper caps for precise measurement and application
- Roll-on bottles for convenient and mess-free application to the skin
- Spray bottles for a fine, even mist when applying to the air or surfaces
Bottles For Essential Oils Example:
Imagine you need to purchase some bottles for your lavender essential oil, a citrus-based blend, and a massage oil you've created using multiple essential oils. Here's what you could consider:
- For the lavender oil, a small 15ml amber glass bottle with a dropper cap would suffice, as it protects the oil from light and allows for precise application.
- For the citrus blend, opt for a 30ml green or blue glass bottle to protect it from UV light and maintain its potency. Choose a dropper cap or roll-on bottle for easy application.
- For the massage oil, a 100ml amber glass bottle with a pump dispenser would allow you to mix, store and conveniently dispense the mixture onto your hands for application.
Now that you're equipped with the knowledge to choose the perfect bottles for your essential oils, it's time to explore the world of aromatherapy with confidence. Remember, the right storage is crucial for preserving the therapeutic properties of your oils and ensuring a satisfying aromatherapy experience. Share this article with fellow essential oil enthusiasts and make sure to explore the wide range of essential oil guides and high-quality oil blends available at the Oshu Oils website. Your journey towards a more balanced and harmonious lifestyle with aromatherapy begins now.