Did you know that essential oils can help speed up the healing process of bruises and reduce their appearance? Say goodbye to unsightly marks left from bumps, falls, or pressure on your skin with the aid of essential oils. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the effectiveness of essential oils for bruising, the top essential oils to use, and how to apply them for optimal results.
Essential Oils For Bruising Table of Contents
How Essential Oils Help Bruises Heal Faster
Essential oils are concentrated extracts from plants, which carry the plant's aroma and therapeutic properties. They can have numerous benefits for our overall wellbeing and can be particularly useful in treating bruises.
One of the primary reasons essential oils are useful in treating bruises is because of their anti-inflammatory properties. Reducing inflammation around the bruised area can help relieve pain and speed up the healing process.
Increase Blood Circulation
Many essential oils can help increase blood circulation in the bruised area, promoting faster healing. This is key because improved blood flow carries essential nutrients and oxygen to the injured area, aiding in tissue repair.
Soothe Pain and Discomfort
Essential oils can offer soothing relief for the pain and discomfort that often accompanies bruising. Their natural analgesic properties work together with anti-inflammatory effects to provide holistic relief.
Create Your Own Essential Oil
Top Essential Oils for Bruising
- Lavender: Lavender oil is well-known for its calming and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help reduce swelling and speed up healing by improving blood circulation in the affected area.
- Frankincense: Known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, frankincense oil can promote faster healing of bruises and reduce their discoloration.
- Arnica: Popular in homeopathic remedies for centuries, arnica oil is proven for its effectiveness in reducing inflammation, pain, and discoloration of bruises.
- Helichrysum: Often referred to as "the everlasting flower," helichrysum oil contains compounds that are extremely effective at reducing inflammation and promoting tissue repair, making it ideal for bruise treatment.
- Geranium: Geranium oil is known for its ability to improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation, both of which are key in the healing process of bruises.
How to Apply Essential Oils for Bruises
Before applying any essential oil directly to your skin, it is crucial to dilute it with a carrier oil like coconut, jojoba, or almond oil. Typically, a safe dilution rate for topical use is about 2-5% essential oil, which means approximately 12-30 drops per ounce of carrier oil.
To treat a bruise, follow these steps:
1. Dilute your chosen essential oil with a carrier oil as recommended above.
2. Gently massage the diluted oil mixture onto the bruised area, taking care not to press too hard.
3. Apply the oil 2-3 times a day until the bruise begins to fade.
Essential Oils For Bruising Example:
Imagine you have bumped your knee against a table corner, resulting in a painful and visible bruise. To help speed up the healing process and reduce pain, prepare a blend of lavender essential oil (6 drops) and 1 tablespoon of a carrier oil, such as almond oil.
Gently massage this mixture onto the bruised area, being cautious not to apply too much pressure. Repeat this process 2-3 times a day. Within a few days, you'll start to see the bruise fading and feel a reduction in pain and discomfort.
Now that you know about the effective power of essential oils in treating bruises, don't hesitate to share this knowledge with others and explore similar articles on our Oshu Oils blog. We encourage you to discover our range of artisan essential earth oils and try these remedies for yourself - your skin will thank you for it!