Discover the art of making your own scented candles using essential oils. Infuse your home with the calming and uplifting aromas of nature while setting the perfect ambiance for relaxation and rejuvenation. In this step-by-step guide, we walk you through the process of creating these delightful, personalized candles with your favorite Oshu Oils essential oils.
How To Make Candles Essential Oils Table of Contents
Choose Your Essential Oils
The first step in making your own scented candles is selecting your desired essential oils. Choose from Oshu Oils' comprehensive collection, each carefully developed by our team of aromacologists. Keep in mind the various benefits and effects of each essential oil when selecting. You may opt for a single scent or blend multiple oils to create a unique fragrance.
Some popular essential oils for candles include:
- Lavender: Promotes relaxation and stress relief
- Eucalyptus: Provides mental clarity and a boost of energy
- Rose: Encourages feelings of love and happiness
- Sandalwood: Evokes a sense of calm and spiritual connection
- Peppermint: Stimulates focus and enhances concentration
Gather Your Supplies
To create essential oil candles, you will need the following items:
- 100% soy wax flakes or beads
- Cotton wicks with metal tabs
- Heat-safe containers or candle molds (such as glass jars or tins)
- Essential oils of your choice
- Double boiler or heat-safe bowl
- Thermometer for measuring wax temperature
- Wooden spoon or spatula for stirring
- Pencil or chopstick for securing wick
Prepare Your Candle Containers
Ensure that your chosen heat-safe containers or molds are clean and dry before beginning. Attach the wick with its metal tab to the bottom of each container using a drop of hot glue or wax. Use a pencil or chopstick to keep the wick straight, wrapping the excess wick around it.
Melt and Scent the Wax
1. Place your double boiler or heat-safe bowl over a pot filled with water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Bring the water to a simmer.
Create Your Own Essential Oil
2. Add your soy wax flakes or beads to the top part of the double boiler or heat-safe bowl, stirring them gently as they melt.
3. Once the wax has fully melted and reaches a temperature of around 180°F (82°C), carefully remove it from the heat.
4. Allow the wax to cool to around 160°F (71°C) and then stir in your chosen essential oils, using the recommended amount per pound of wax, typically 0.5 - 1.5 ounces.
Pour and Set the Candles
1. Pour the scented wax carefully into your prepared candle containers or molds, filling them around 90% of the way.
2. Use the pencil or chopstick to hold the wick in place, making sure it stays centered as the wax cools and hardens.
3. Allow the candles to set for at least 24 hours before trimming the wick and using them.
How To Make Candles Essential Oils Example:
Imagine lighting a lavender and rose essential oil candle in your living room after a long day at work. The flickering flame illuminates the space, while the delicate floral aroma soothes your senses and eases your mind. As you unwind in the calming atmosphere, you feel a deep sense of wellbeing and inner peace. With essential oil candles, you gain the power to create such transformative, mood-enhancing experiences at home.
Now that you've learned the art of making your own essential oil candles, the possibilities are endless. Share this guide with friends and family to spread the joy of creating personalized scents and memories. Be sure to explore our other informative guides and the Oshu Oils range of essential oils, carefully crafted to enhance your wellbeing. Embrace the world of aromacology and transform your space into a sanctuary of balance and harmony.