Are you looking for an easy way to incorporate essential oils into your daily routine and enhance your shower experience? In this guide by Oshu Oils, we will show you how to elevate your showers with essential oils, bringing you relaxation, rejuvenation, and more.
Shower With Essential Oils Table of Contents
Essential oils have long been used for their therapeutic properties. When used in the shower, they can provide benefits to both your mind and body. In this article, we will cover several aspects of using essential oils in your shower, including:
Benefits of Using Essential Oils in the Shower
Essential oils like lavender, bergamot, and chamomile have calming and relaxing effects that can help reduce stress and anxiety.
Create Your Own Essential Oil
Citrus scents like grapefruit, lemon, and orange can uplift your mood and provide an energy boost in the morning.
Eucalyptus, peppermint, and rosemary essential oils can help improve respiratory function and provide congestion relief.
Essential oils like wintergreen, peppermint, and ginger have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve muscle and joint pain.
How to Use Essential Oils in the Shower
DIY Shower Gel:
Create your own shower gel using unscented castile soap and your choice of essential oils. Use about 10 drops of essential oil per ounce of soap.
You can purchase or make your own shower steamers (similar to bath bombs) that release essential oils when exposed to water. Place one on your shower floor away from the direct stream of water.
Aromatic Shower Spray:
Create a simple shower spray by mixing distilled water, your choice of essential oils, and a splash of witch hazel or alcohol in a spray bottle. Spray this mixture on the walls of your shower before turning on the water.
Eucalyptus Shower Branch:
Hang a bundle of fresh eucalyptus from your showerhead to release its soothing scent in the steam.
Shower With Essential Oils Example:
Taking inspiration from this guide, let's walk through an example of incorporating shower steamers into your morning shower routine. Begin by gathering the following materials:
- Baking soda
- Citric acid
- Essential oils (for energy: grapefruit, orange, and lemon)
1. Combine 1 cup of baking soda, 1/2 cup of citric acid, and 1/2 cup of cornstarch in a bowl.
2. Slowly add water, just enough to bind the mixture together (typically 2-3 tablespoons).
3. Add your chosen essential oils. Aim for a total of 20-30 drops combined, depending on the strength of the scent.
4. Press the mixture into silicone molds or small paper cups.
5. Allow the steamers to dry for 24-48 hours, then remove them from the molds and store in an airtight container.
6. When you're ready to use your shower steamer, place one on the floor of your shower away from the direct stream of water. As the water hits the steamer and it begins to fizz and dissolve, the essential oils will be released into the steam, providing an energizing aroma to kick-start your morning.
Now that you know how to incorporate essential oils into your shower routine, you can enjoy the benefits they offer to both your mind and body. Don't forget to share this article with others who could benefit from these techniques, and explore other guides on Oshu Oils to learn more about essential oils and aromacology. To make your shower routine even more enjoyable and beneficial, browse our range of artisan essential earth oils at Oshu Oils.